5:41 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

Happy Hump Day! It's been a couple of days since I have taken the time to get on here. I have been trying to get things done. On top of all the school work I have, I decided to start a detox for my body. All things new, I figured I needed to cleanse my body of all unhealthy things inward and outward. Hind sight is 20/20 but it's amazing looking back how much one person can make you unhealthy in every aspect of life. So I have cut out fast food completely from my diet (which wasn't that hard) because I do not crave it anyways. One of my hardest things to stop is the soft drinks. I finally decided Sunday that on Monday (Valentines Day) would be my starting of the coke detox or I guess fast. I was doing fine but my gah, yesterday and today I have had the worst migraines! Here I am trying to learn my calculus so I can take my test and I cannot even think because my head is hurting so bad. I have never had a problem with self control before but I realize that certain relationships can teach you to not have any self control and that is something that is very hard to gain back. So my wonderful roommate bought me some Valentines Day candy and flowers you see here ------->


and I literally tore into that hershey's bar and in about 30 sec. this is what it was:
my body is craving sugar so bad because I am not drinking the soft drinks and I saw the chocolate and ate the entire thing! And this is the MEGA size Cookies and Cream. BUT it was very good.  (shhh..)

So I know the last post or couple of posts back I have been talking about how horrible the weather is and even showed my apartment with snow everywhere. Well it was definitely about 70 degrees today and while walking Coco, this is what I see! 
So Pretty! Yaaaah for sunshine! Annnnnnd, the apartment got the water fountain fixed so it looks even ten times better! So that is something I definitely have to be grateful for in this time of overcoming addictions. I will let you know how this detox is going. I have not had a soft drink since Sunday so I am doing pretty good so far. I am taking it just a couple of things at a time but I am improving myself every day :) No fast food, no soft drinks, no biting nails, no cussing, no tanning, church, praying, staying in the Word and once I get to Auburn: gym time! :) A great Bible verse to help those wanting to change for the better is:
 1 Corinthians 9:24 "24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

0 comments: