*Oh Happy Day*

2:34 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

I had my Biochemistry test this morning and I stayed up all night studying for it. I felt fairly good about the test when I left the building. I went to meet up with a friend I have met here to walk to our next class. I was so exhausted, I could barely keep my eyes open during class. It is Wednesday and I have had my first test of three and three lab reports due any day now. You could say that I have been stressed to the MAX. So as I am walking back to my car from class, it's an overcast, gloomy day and I'm feeling just tired and run down. I decide to check my e-mail as I wait to walk across the crosswalk… if you go to Auburn you know this can take a long time… and honestly it was like the clouds parted, the sun came out, and I had this overwhelming feeling of joy as I see an e-mail from Auburn being invited to an interview for Pharmacy School. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this moment. I have been working on my pre requisites for about 2+ years and I began this application process last summer. With a few set backs, I have pushed through, still working hard, and praying for God's plan in my life no matter what it may be. I have been stressed and anxious about the whole process but still trying to stay positive. The sermon at church this past Sunday was about Abraham and Sarah and how God promised them a child but being in their old age, they decided to not wait on God's promise and do it their way. God eventually fulfilled His promise to Abraham and Sarah even though they didn't have faith that He would follow through. Pastor Chris preached about waiting on God's timing in your life and trusting and relying on Him to meet your wants and needs. This really spoke to me and I realized how I was trying to be in control of the situation instead of letting God take control for the plans of my life. So I let it go and decided that I would do everything to the glory of God and He will work out the details. I honestly was not expecting that letter today and I cannot even put into words how excited and thankful I am to have this opportunity to meet with the Admissions Committee. It does happen to fall on the same day as my Mammalian Test 2 but at this point I do not mind at all, I am just so ecstatic! This has truly been one of the best days I have had in I can't remember… no sleep and all! :) I hope you have all had a good week! My interview is Monday and I should find out within 24 hours whether I will be joining the Class of 2012! Prayers are much needed! I guess it's time for me to start on this Mammalian some more! <3


Quote of the Night: 
Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power 
   and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, 
   for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; 
   you are exalted as head over all. 
 Wealth and honor come from you; 
   you are the ruler of all things. 
In your hands are strength and power 
   to exalt and give strength to all. 
 Now, my God, I give you thanks, 
   and praise your glorious name.
~ 1 Chronicles 29:11-13

0 comments: