DIY Light Fixture

10:24 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

After dealing with tornado warnings and canceled classes last week, I got a wild hair to do a project. Being locked up in my place with no where to go I was thinking about the materials I had on hand. Spray paint, tools, and one last light fixture that does not mesh with the rest. This hanging light has drove me nuts since I moved in. It is doodoo brown and the whole light fixture is hooked to the ceiling and I will pretty much have to replace the entire thing. I fully intend on replacing the ugly thing but I figured why not change it up and have it blend in with the rest of the place until my master electrician brother can come down and replace it for me. I was just DYING to do something productive and creative on this nasty day. I must say that I am pleased with the way it turned out… it is not the best looking kitchen light but it will definitely not be the first object I glare at with disgust when I walk in the door anymore! I forgot to take a before picture of the fixture completely together but got one after I took the globe off. I have purposefully left that light fixture out of every picture I have taken in the kitchen so I still did not have any older ones to refer to. The lighting for the After pictures is not that great but in case you can't tell, it is now a brushed silver color! Tell me what you think! Hope you have all had a Happy Hump Day, it was pretty rainy here but none the less a wonderful day!
Before: 

 After:

Listening to: Sweetness in Starlight - Matt Wertz


Quote of the Night: When in doubt, choose change. - Lily Leung

0 comments: