God's Little Creatures

1:38 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

So I got on fb the other day and one of my sorority sisters posted about a little puppy that her and her mother were trying to find a home for. They found this puppy in the middle of a road, wandering in circles and crying. They thought he may be a peekapoo or a shih tzu and asked people to contact her if they were interested in giving him a home. A couple of days went by and her mother took this puppy to the vet to have him checked out and get him on heart worm medicine. The veterinarian told them that the puppy was born blind and that is probably why the breeders had thrown him out in the road. The puppy is 6-8 weeks old and the veterinarian said he would only grow to be about 5-8 lbs. He also said that the puppy could gain his vision as he gets older but that there was no way of knowing because he eyes are so small right now. My heart broke for this little guy and was literally in tears when she told me about them finding him. I can't imagine how someone could be so cruel to throw out one of God's little creatures in the middle of a road just because it was born blind and probably as a result of their bad breeding. This puppy looks a lot like my Coco and will grow to be about as big as she is, and just thinking of that happening to her really hurts my heart for this little guy. Mark and I were going to try and provide a home for this puppy but with Mark living at home (his mom would not let him keep the puppy) and me living 2 hours away and having school, we were not able to do it. If we lived closer to each other and could share in the responsibility, I would so do it. It would not be fair for me or for the puppy to take that responsibility on and not be able to give him the attention he needs. If you know of anyone that wants a puppy or needs a companion (cuddle buddy) in their life, this puppy is perfect. He is a little fur ball and I have done a lot of research about blind dogs and they are not difficult at all to have. I pray that this puppy will find a good loving home that he deserves very soon. Let me know if you are interested or know anyone who would be. I have attached pictures below of the cute little cotton ball! Happy Tuesday All!



Quote of the Night: My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet.  ~Edith Wharton
Listening to: Half of My Heart - John Mayer

0 comments: