Life is a beach...

8:07 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

So I have been researching how I would like to decorate the kitchen and living room, using the resources I have. There are new hard wood floors and I am keeping the kitchen cabinets and tiles the way they are. I was originally thinking modern. Most modern kitchens I have researched all have white cabinets and well, mine are an oak color. I have finally settled (hopefully I don't change my mind again) on a coastal cottage look. I am thinking neutral walls maybe with a tan or very light blue undertone but mostly light. Since I have a navy/gray couch and I have already bought a lot of aqua colored decor, I think this will be the best route to take. Blue and green undertones I have heard are very soothing and peaceful. The light cabinets and light floors will work great with this. Plus, I get to wake up every day feeling as if I am in a beach house! ha I have found some pictures of inspiration. It has been tough finding some with dark couches, most of them have white couches. I have a good idea from these pictures what I am looking for. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas! Hope you have a great week ahead! Enjoy! 

Love the paint colors and my cabinets
 are the color of the bar in the middle.
The blue on the bar would add great contrast 
and my stools are stainless steel too.
Love the windows and the decor
 Love the color scheme and rug
 Love the color scheme here also 
 Here is a couch close to the color of mine, decor is a touch of modern. 
Love the window treatments and rug
 Love the window treatments, rug and decor.
 Love the window treatments and paint color

Quote of the Night: Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amid joy. - Arthur Helps


Listening to: All I Have - Matt Kearney

0 comments: