Calling all decorators and guests!

3:31 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

So I finished priming my office last night and its time to start picking out the color scheme that I want. Here are pictures of the room so far!


So far all I have in the room is a Parsons desk and I have the choice of two options of furniture. I have a daybed (used to be white but is now black) that is FREE from the family or I have the option of a black futon that I can go buy for $70. This is where the guests come into voting since you will be staying in the room! :)

Pro's of the futon: already in town, folds out to full bed. 
Con's of the futon: not sure how comfortable it will be, $70, will have to buy mattress pad, may have to freshen up paint.

Pro's of the daybed: Free, comfort of an actual bed, can fit another bed underneath
Con's of the daybed: moving it down, may have to paint it (depending on what color scheme I chose), have to buy a bed to go underneath (if I chose).





Next: is picking out the colors! I have been thinking a lot about a light blue or maybe a tiffany blue. My desk is white and I was originally wanting an all white office and accent with color but being a poor college student, I am having to compromise some of the things I want. For some crazy reason black decor is cheaper than white decor so I was thinking more of a black and white office. While I would LOVE  to have pink in there, I am trying to separate myself from the pink obsession (I'm sure my guests will thank me for that). So here is kind of what I have been looking at. Let me know what you think!

Blue, black and white: Love the Tiffany blue!

This is a lighter blue but also incorporates black  very classy

This is also a very pretty blue that goes with black and white.  traditional

Now, my other guest room is blue since I am a poor college student, once again, I am thinking about leaving that room the color it is and decorating with what I have. So other options for the office I have seen that I like are: 
Neutrals, black and white



I would appreciate it if I could get some feedback from all of you wonderful followers and friends out there!! I hope you are all having a great week! The weekend is almost here :) I'm off to study!


Quote of the day: Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus


0 comments: