what a weekend...

9:28 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

Hopefully, I will soon be back in my routine of blogging soon enough. I have missed it so much but have been extremely busy with everything that has been going on. I am moved into my place and took a trip to ATL on Friday to Ikea to find my lovely furniture. I was soon to find out that a very dear person had passed away. I then had a bridal shower and bridal teas to attend before driving down to the funeral. What a whirl wind the past week has been and it is a shame that life goes by so fast. Death is a term I will never really understand but if there is one thing I do know is that I have realized what I do and do not want people to remember me for. She was such a graceful, funny and loving christian woman. These are qualities I want people to think of me as when I leave this world. I began to think about death and how it's so hard to understand it. It is so strange to see someone so full of life one day and then completely void of life the next. A friend told me that we should not be upset because it is not the body that we know but the soul and that the soul we will see again in heaven. It does not seem fair in our minds because we see the body and that is what we are familiar with and what we want here with us again. The soul is what we know, the personality, the spirit, the character, the thing that decided the actions of the now void body. When I pass, I do not want people to see just a body and not remember a great soul. We should all strive to live our lives accordingly, as history makers, life changers, making a difference in this minuscule time that we have on this lovely planet. I know my blogs have been very contemplative and I have not spoken much of the move and the decorating but they will be soon to come. I have had what seems like one crisis after another and the decorating will have to wait but stay posted, I will be blogging more and putting up some new pics of my new place. *love*

Quote of the day: Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

0 comments: