Springsteen

10:07 PM Es Elle 0 Comments





"I have such a reverence for Bruce Springsteen's career and how he's built it, the interesting part is it's a love affair that takes place in an amphitheater between two people. It didn't happen with Springsteen, ironically, it happened with another artist. I went to a concert when I was younger with a girl, and to this day when I hear that artist, it's the soundtrack to that girl. I never think about her any other time, except when that song is on. That's where the 'Springsteen' came from, and he seemed to be the perfect guy to craft that story around because of my love for him. I lived that song. I was 15 years-old and she was 16. We had that love affair where you connect with someone, and the artist that was playing becomes a soundtrack to your relationship. We didn't stay together, but to this day, when I hear Bruce Springsteen, I think of her and I hope she thinks of me." - Eric Church


Love Love Love this song, definitely takes me back to being 17 and my first love. Ironically, he had a jeep as well. We both went our separate ways but I do think of him often. There is a sense of innocence and naivety that comes with your first love that I think, for the rest of your life, you wish you could get back. When you experience that first love, you are on top of the world, no one is ever going to tear you a part, you are going to be together forever and everything is just so happy and wonderful.  Through experiences and the ups and downs of life, you become a little hard, a little broken down, a little less expectant of the "happily ever after." I guess the hardest part of all is trying to keep the innocence and high expectations despite life's let downs. The best part of it all, is how much you learn, grow, and discover yourself through those let downs. For some, they may have their happily ever after with that first person, which I think is just fabulous. I hope you enjoy this song and it takes you back to your first love, in a positive way! :) 

0 comments: