Remembering

8:07 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

Good Monday!!! I went to Yoga early thirty this morning and it felt so great to start my day like that! I got my first AnP 2 test grade back today and it was an 86! I should be happy but I can't help but be disappointed because there were 2 questions that I had right originally and changed. I am very thankful for the grade, as it is higher than any of the tests grades I made in AnP 1 this summer. I also had a quiz on the cat organs today and made a 4.5/5 so I was very pumped about that! I have a microbiology test this week, organic 2 test next week and then the PCAT the week after that so PLEASE pray for me! God is Good!
Well I went to my second first Auburn game this Saturday. My first being when I came to visit Phillip while he was in Pharmacy school but that was nearly 5+ years ago. I did not get student tickets this year because I was considered a transfer student so I was the last of the last to order them and they were sold out by then. Even though I am in enemy fields, I actually had a really good time! It was a beautiful day - not a cloud in the sky. Reminder: take sunscreen to football games. The tops of my legs, shoulders and scalp are so burnt! They had a fabulous 9/11 remembrance that I took some pictures of.



Yesterday was 10 years exactly since 9/11, which is just so crazy that much time has flown by. I am sure most people remember where they were when it happened. As for me, I was getting ready to go to my literature class and my mom told me and we watched the news all day and then went to my class where my literature teacher made is write about what happened and what it meant to us. Very scary times for everyone but I remember being 15 and not knowing what was really going on, like it was the end of the world. It breaks my heart that there are people out there wanting to harm others for their enjoyment. My heart and prayers go out to every person deeply affected by the incidents of that day. I will never forget that day and the images on the television. It definitely opens your eyes to the fact that we are not promised a tomorrow and we should live every day like it is your last and remember the things that really matter in life. We are all so blessed to have life and should be thankful for it every day that we wake up. Remember God's promise to each and every one of us.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. "All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.  For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. - Isaiah 41:10-13



Quote of the Day: The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. - Theodore Roosevelt 


Listening to: Everlasting God - New Life Worship

0 comments: