A Candle in the Wind

11:17 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

I suppose there are events that happen in every person's life that you always remember when and where you were when that event happened. August 31, 1997, Princess Diana had a car accident and passed away hours later. For me, I will never forget the moment I found out about this tragedy.  My mother came into my room, woke me up and shared with me the horrible truth. I remember watching her funeral on television and hearing Elton John sing "Candle in the Wind."  You could say I was about as girly as a little girl could be, so naturally I pretended to be a Princess and my parents always told me my name meant "Princess" and that I was "their Princess." I always admired Princess Diana and thought that not only was she a beautiful woman but she had such a tremendous compassion for humanity. I felt like I could relate to her, not by actually being a princess but, perhaps, because she had a strong conviction to help the homeless and children in need and she was actually doing something about it. She established many charities and helped with the needy all over the world. Princess Diana did not have the perfect life but she used everything she was given to try and make the world a better place. I have so much respect for her, in doing so. I dedicate my blog today to the Princess of Wales on the 14th Anniversary of her pass. Rest in peace, Princess Diana.


Lady Diana's Natural Beauty

 With Harry and William

  With Mother Teresa, being caregivers across the world
                                                                Dancing with John Travolta at the White House

 Diana: Princess of Wales

Quote of the Night: The worst illness of our time is that so many people have to suffer from not ever being loved - Princess Diana

 

0 comments: