The Power of Prayer

10:59 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

I have a lot on my mind right now buy I can say that through the long and I mean LONG day I had today that only one things keeps to stick out in my mind. I met a girl today that I did not know from Adam and she began to open up to me and tell me all of these things that were going on in her life and how she was struggling addictions and disease and family problems and she started crying and asked me to pray for her. She said "I don't know why I am telling you all of this but you just really seem like a nice girl and I feel I can talk to you, will you please pray for me? Because I really need it and so does my family. I do not want to die." I was speechless with the boldness and honesty this poor girl presented to me. Most people you know your whole life would not open up like that to you and throw it all out there and say "Just pray for me." It's so easy to pretend we have it all together because how dare anyone know that we are falling apart inside. I can not stop thinking about this experience today and every time I do, I immediately pray for her. She was not asking for my friendship or for my opinion but just to pray and trusting that I would. It is times like these that I do not doubt the power of prayer in someone's life and in my life. We should never cease to pray.

0 comments: