Brussells what?!?!

10:23 PM Es Elle 0 Comments

In my quest for living a healthier lifestyle, including mostly the foods I put into my body, there is one vegetable (if it is a vegetable?) that seems to keep popping up randomly. BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!!  ???? Whenever I hear the words, I automatically think… 

Right!?!?!? I mean who likes brussels sprouts? ESPECIALLY children! Well over the past year I have seen friends of mine feed their children brussels sprouts and not only not having tantrums but actually loving them. While having dinner tonight with my boyfriend and his family, his sister brought brussels sprouts over for their daughter to have for dinner. I watched her eat them like it was anything other than the dreadful vegetable. I have added numerous of new foods to my diet that I would have never ate including: kale, broccoli, edamame, peppers, cabbage, slaw, asparagus, and on and on and on. Just the name brussels sprouts has always put a bad taste in my mouth. After reading the nutritional value, I must say I have to give these green balls a new start. 1 cup is only 38 calories! Not only is this a filler food but also contains 124% of your daily intake of Vitamin C needed. They are also rich in potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and a great source of dietary fiber! That's it… you got me convinced… I can't let this younger generation grow up healthier than me! I'll let you know how they turn out… maybe even come up with some creative recipes I can share. Hope you are all having a good week so far! 
Happy Monday :)


Quote of the Night: He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.  ~Chinese Proverb

0 comments: